West African Tax Administration Forum (WATAF) is organising the third edition of its annual High Level Policy Dialogue (HLPD) which also, coincides with its 10th year anniversary celebrations and therefore will be focusing on the taxation of the digital economy in Africa alongside the attendant impact on business processes and regulatory frameworks. The HLPD will be held on September 21-22, 2021 in Abuja, Nigeria as a hybrid of physical and virtual meetings due to protocols relating to COVID 19 pandemic.
In the light of the above, WATAF is organising an essay competition as a highpoint of its 10th year anniversary event and is therefore, delighted to announce a call for submission in the following categories:
West African perspective to solutions addressing the tax challenges of the digital economy
TARGET PARTICIPANTS Academia and Tax practitioners
LEARNING OBJECTIVES Participants should be able to explore the viability of developing solutions for West African countries, looking at the feasibility and potential challenges.
Max. 3,500 words
Min: 2500 words
Digital economy: An emerging economy in Africa
Students of Tertiary Institutions
Participants should be able to identify how digitalization has impacted on revenue generation for economies.
Max. 2,500 words.
Must be well Referenced.
ICT: Gateway to effective tax administration in West Africa
Students of Secondary Schools
Participants should be able to identify how taxation of e-commerce would ensure sustainable revenue generation for economies.
Max. 1,500 words
- This call has been extended and will run from 07th July until 1st August, 2021.
- A cash prize of $1000 will be awarded to each winner along with a certificate.
- Each winner will be invited to attend the four-day event in Abuja, Nigeria.
- You’re allowed to submit one entry and to only one category.
- You are to note that the maximum Plagiarism acceptance level is 10%.
- All submissions must be in either English or French.
- The author retains copyright in all publications made by WATAF (online and print).
To submit, complete the forms under the chosen category and add the following details at the end of your essay:
- Full names
- Phone number
Please enter the title of your entry as the title of the form.
In case of technical issues, please send a mail to email@example.com explaining the nature of the issue. Please do not send your submissions to this email address.