The West African Tax Administration Forum (WATAF) was established through the adoption of the Agreement by the General Assembly of Member States to contribute to the efficacy of tax administration and improved public service delivery in support of the development of countries in West Africa. The mission of WATAF is to encourage strong collaboration amongst the ECOWAS Member States towards the improvement of the quality of tax administration in the respective States. Its vision is to strive to promote effective and efficient tax administration in the Member States.
The objectives of WATAF include, among other things, to encourage strong collaboration and sharing of information amongst all ECOWAS Member States towards improving the quality of tax administration; ensure that all West African States speak with one cohesive voice on tax policy and administration matters in West African Tax Administration Forum (WATAF) and other international tax organizations; work towards ensuring that the needs and experiences of the West African Member States are reflected in decisions taken by tax administration bodies at international and multilateral levels, and work with ECOWAS to have a structure dedicated to taxation under the auspices of the ECOWAS Secretariat.
Project Goals and Scope of Services
The goal and scope of the website redesign and upgrade services is to:
Page 2 of 4
- Improve discovery and access to information and content via internal and external search engine optimization;
- Provide a seamless and integrated experience providing access to content and resources via a single, easy-to-use WATAF-branded online environment;
- Improve the integration of information catalog and other content offerings with the primary domain, tax.org;
- Create a User Experience that is flexible to various device context, be it desktop, laptop, tablet, or other mobile devices;
- Integrate WATAF’s blogs into the primary domain, tax.org, while keeping WordPress as the publishing platform;
- Design a user-centric and easily-updatable solution for providing online-help for WATAF’s digital resources;
- Create a User Experience that supports the needs of our stakeholders who require accessibility tools to use the site, incorporating the fundamentals of Universal Design, as well as aligning the new design with WC3 Priority 1 Accessibility Guidelines (perceivable, operable, understandable and robust) to provide optimal access to users;
- Provide guidance on industry best practices for translated contents; and
- Align with our strategy of a clean, elegant, user-centric design.
Anticipated Selection Schedule
The anticipated Request for Proposal timeline is as follows:
- Request for RFP: November 23, 2020
- Deadline for Bidders to Submit Questions: January 4, 2021
- WATAF Responds to Bidder Questions: January 11, 2021
- Evaluation, Selection, and Notification of Successful Bidder: January 20, 2021
- Start of Negotiation: January 25, 2021
- Contract Award / Notification to Unsuccessful Bidders: January 29, 2021