Based on instructions by the Nigerian Federal Government, a lockdown of all non-essential activities in the FCT, Lagos and Ogun States effective from the 30th of March 2020 has been initiated. Based on this the WATAF secretariat will be closed till further notice. However, our staff will be operating virtually from home. You can also reach us by sending an email to email@example.com in case you have any enquires.
The novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) is a new strain of the virus that has not been previously identified in humans. SARS-CoV-2 is a virus that causes coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
HOW TO PROTECT YOURSELF
To reduce the risk of spread of COVID-19, members of the public are advised to adhere to the following measures:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap under running water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based sanitizer if water is not available.
- Avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness. Maintain at least 2 meters (5 feet) distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing repeatedly.
- Do not mingle with people or congregate if you feel unwell with symptoms like fever, cough, sneezing or having difficulty breathing.
- Cover your mouth and nose properly with a tissue paper when sneezing or coughing. Dispose of the tissue paper properly immediately after use. You may also, cough into your elbow if a tissue is not available.
- Obey national and state directives requesting the cancellation and avoidance of large gatherings, including places of worship, social and sporting events.
- For individuals in non-healthcare who opt to wear masks, this must be done in addition to all protective measures listed above.