Introduction and Background
The West African Tax Administration Forum (WATAF) was established through an adoption of the Agreement by the General Assembly of Member States to contribute to the efficacy of tax administration and improved public service delivery in support of development of countries in West Africa. The mission of WATAF is to encourage strong collaboration amongst ECOWAS Member States towards the improvement of the quality of tax administration in the respective States. Its vision is to strive to promote effective and efficient tax administration in Member States.
Project Goals and Scope of Services
The goal and scope of the independent audit services is separately defined in the term of reference and can be downloaded directly from WATAF website at www.wataf-tax.org in portable document format.
Anticipated Selection Schedule
The anticipated Request for Proposal timeline is as follows:
1. Request for RFP: December 4, 2018
2. Deadline for Bidders to Submit Questions: January 8, 2019
3. WATAF Responds to Bidder Questions: January 23, 2019
4. Evaluation, Selection and Notification of Successful Bidder: February 3, 2019
5. Start of Negotiation: February 8, 2019
6. Contract Award / Notification to Unsuccessful Bidders: February 18, 2019
Time and Place of Submission of Proposals
This RFP and attended TOR will be posted on our website, www.wataf-tax.org and can be downloaded from there directly as of December 4, 2018.
Respondents to this RFP must submit one original and two copies of their proposal. Responses must be received no later than January 8, 2019. Responses should be clearly marked “RFP-Independent Audit Services” and mailed or delivered to the contact person listed below.
The Independent Audit Services should take a maximum of one (1) month with a retainer period of up to forty-five (45) days for Management Letters and other value addition services as may be requested by WATAF.
Elements of Proposal
A submission must, at a minimum, include the following elements:
1. Description of firm that includes a general overview, names and credentials and qualifications of audit team;
2. A detailed proposed audit plan and strategy that align with the anticipated timeline of this RFP, including any anticipated adjustment to the schedule; and
3. A history of past performance and client base.
The successful respondent will:
1. Have been operating continuously in independent audit services for a minimum of five (5) years and possess full in-house service capabilities and competent and qualified staff;
2. The education, knowledge, experience, skills and qualifications of firm and individuals who will be available to provide the audit services;
3. Tax and regulatory compliance, including valid company registration and tax clearance certificate;
4. The competitive cost of the service and ability to manage and deliver the audit services within the time, scope and quality; and
5. The expertise of the firm in working with similar customers.
At this point, we are not aware of any possible constraint that need communication at this time, except that which we cannot see into the future.
WATAF has allocated $8,310 for the independent audit services, including the value addition services.
Interested firms should contact:
Mr. Babatunde Oladapo
WATAF Executive Secretary