- Friday April 13th, 2018
- Posted by: jomesili
- Category: News
The Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (CITN) is pleased to invite you to the upcoming 20th Annual Tax Conference which will take place from Tuesday 8th to Friday 11th May, 2018 at Nigerian Air Force (NAF) Conference Centre & Suites, Kado and at the International Conference Centre, Garki, Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, respectively.
The theme of the Conference is “INSTITUTIONALIZING TAX-PAYING CULTURE IN A DEVELOPING ECONOMY”.
Topics that would be presented and discussed would cover a broad range of tax related issues. Some of which are:
- Economic Recovery and Growth Plan (ERGP), Voluntary Assets and Income Declaration Scheme (VAIDS) and Stakeholders Expectations: Matters Arising;
- Restructuring, taxing rights and fiscal federalism: the way forward;
- Ethics, Corruption and Whistleblowing in taxation: A case for cooperative compliance;
- Transfer pricing & Global Tax Trends: BEPS implementation and the journey so far;
- The tenets of taxation and implications for Nigeria’s revised national tax policy
- Arbitrary tax incentives as a disincentive to nation building;
- The imperatives of a robust fiscal and regulatory framework for the Petroleum Industry in uncertain times;
- Overview of General Anti-Avoidance Rules (GAAR) and the future of tax planning; and
- Health Talk: Preventing and Overcoming Cancer, Diabetics, High blood pressure and related diseases.
Registration for the 20th Annual Tax Conference is strictly online. Please visit www.citnevents.org.
In order to facilitate the airport pickup and accommodation reservation, please contact email@example.com to confirm your presence at the conference.